Friday, April 24, 2009

Benefit for Michael Folliett

The rods in this poster were put into Michael's neck.

My friend Michael Folliett crashed his bike and broke lots of parts in his body a couple of months ago. Don't worry, he's gonna be fine, but his health care costs are through the roof. This Sunday night there will be a benefit to offset some of the expenses incurred by the incident. The goal is $500 - so he can start by paying off the bill for the ambulance. (!!!!)
The event will happen at Tressa's. I'm excited about this because I've never hung out there and I've lived in this town for almost six years. There will be live music and a silent auction. (I'm donating a painting.)
Michael Folliett taught me how to use Final Cut Pro, so I owe all my video editing expertise to him. He also teaches at ABTech and produces a show called The Wallpaper Project for URTV Asheville. A few years ago he was awarded a grant from the Media Arts Project to develop a youth education program in media content analysis and media production.
For more information about this event, or to donate something please call: 828-230-4793
The night begins at 8:00pm.
There is a suggested donation of $7 (go on, just give $10, what the heck.)
Tressa's is located at 28 Broadway.

No comments: