Thursday, November 12, 2009

Art and Life by Adam Smith


Adam Smith's frenzied paintings of sad and funny faces with oversized features caught my eye last year when I saw them hanging at Downtown Books and News on Lexington Avenue. Doing some internet research I came across Smith's website and cheeky blog Art and Life.
How to prepare a painting for hanging (because the artist forgot to) is a particularly entertaining (and helpful) read.
I ran into Smith by chance a few weeks ago and he informed me that he's been working on a new series of paintings of houses. He also let me know that he would soon be leaving Asheville for California. I suspect that he has already left town, but it was fun to have his work around for the brief time he spent here.
www.smithmada.com for more info and images.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome


-kyle
www.ArtSavvy.com

lunardancer said...

The portrait is so captivating. The expression and edgy execution highlighted by the black and white colors all contribute to its uniqueness and intensity.