Monday, February 8, 2010

Makeover the Top!

This is the best picture I could find to illustrate the event

In all the years of attending musical and arty happenings in Asheville, the event that stands out the most was Makeover the Top way back in 2006 at Bobo Gallery. What happened was that while two people arm wrestled each other, they were given makeovers. It was free admission and anyone could participate.
Along with video projections of the live event was an announcer, a hostess, and a "green room" for costume prep. There was also a giant fan for that wind drama effect. The whole thing was quite a spectacle though sorely under attended. (I seem to remember it was a cold and rainy Tuesday night in the middle of February.)
I ended up losing my arm battle but I came away with a fabulous new hairdo and makeup I didn't want to wash off.

1 comment:

Ursula said...

Actually I think the event took place in Feb. 2007.